This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
New Orleans Pelicans
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Jrue Holiday has the ninth-most steals (92) in the NBA.
- JJ Redick has the third-best three-point percentage (45.2) and the fifth-best free-throw percentage (90.2) in the NBA.
- The Pelicans have three top-45 fantasy players in eight-category leagues in terms of total production: Brandon Ingram (19), Jrue Holiday (28) and Lonzo Ball (42).
- Zion Williamson is ranked just 97th in terms of per-game production in eight-category fantasy leagues.
- Jaxson Hayes' 136.9 points per 100 shot attempts is in the 94th percentile for bigs.
- Jaxson Hayes is fouled on 28.7% of his field-goal attempts – in the 100th percentile for bigs.
- Frank Jackson averages just 2.3 assists (and 2.4 turnovers) per 36 minutes.
- Zion Williamson is fouled on 20.8% of his shot attempts – the 94th percentile for bigs.
- Brandon Ingram draws a non-shooting foul on 2.3% of team plays, ranking in 97th percentile for forwards.
- JJ Redick draws a non-shooting foul on 2.1% of team plays, ranking in the 94th percentile for wings.
- Derrick Favors averages 14.7 rebounds per 36 minutes.
- Josh Hart averages 8.5 rebounds per 36 minutes.
- Zion Williamson averages only 4.7 defensive rebounds per 36 minutes.
- Zion Williamson's +12.2 point differential is the best on the Pelicans and in the 97th percentile.
- Derrick Favors has the second-best point differential (+9.2) on the Pelicans.
- Jahlil Okafor has the worst point differential (-13.7) of anyone on the Pelicans who has seen at least 100 minutes – a difference that ranks in the fourth percentile.
- The Pelicans add 6.1 points per 100 halfcourt plays with Frank Jackson on the court – the highest mark on the team.
- The Pelicans average 3.7% more transition plays with Lonzo Ball on the court – a difference that ranks in the 99th percentile. Zion Williamson adds 2.4%, which ranks in the 93rd percentile.
- Opponents get 2.1% fewer transition opportunities with Jrue Holiday on the court – a difference that ranks in the 95th percentile.
- Out of all Pelicans lineups that have seen 100+ possessions together, the best is +26.3 and contains Lonzo Ball, Jrue Holiday, Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson and Derrick Favors. The worst is -11.4 and contains Lonzo Ball, JJ Redick, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram and Derrick Favors.
- Lineups with Zion Williamson at center are +21.9.
- Based on net rating, the Pelicans have 4.6 fewer wins than expected, which is the third-worst difference in the NBA.
- Since the All-Star break, the Pelicans have the eighth-best net rating (+4.1).
- The Pelicans commit the second-most turnovers (15.6%) in the league.
- The Pelicans shoot the fourth-most corner threes (10.0% of team attempts) in the NBA.
- New Orleans has the third-best three-point accuracy (37.9%) in the league.
- New Orleans has the third-worst defensive shot profile (54.2 location eFG%) in the league.
- The Pelicans have the seventh-lowest attendance (528,172) in the league.
- Zion Williamson averages 28.5 points per 36 minutes.
- Jaxson Hayes has the best offensive rating (131) on the Pelicans.