This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Karl-Anthony Towns has the sixth-highest PER (26.5) in the NBA.
- Karl-Anthony Towns has the 10th-highest true shooting percentage (64.2) in the league.
- Karl-Anthony Towns has the seventh-highest box plus/minus (7.8) in the NBA.
- In eight-category fantasy leagues on a per-game basis, Karl-Anthony Towns is the third-best player.
- Josh Okogie has played the most minutes (1,495) on the Timberwolves this season.
- Jordan McLaughlin is in the 96th percentile for point guards in points per 100 shot attempts (124.2). He takes 52% of his shots at the rim, which is in the 98th percentile for point guards.
- Per 36 minutes, Jordan McLaughlin averages 14.0 points, 7.6 assists (just 1.9 turnovers), 3.0 rebounds and 2.1 steals.
- With the Timberwolves, Malik Beasley averages 3.8 made threes per 36 minutes.
- With the Timberwolves, James Johnson averages 17.9 points, 7.0 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.0 steals and 2.0 blocks per 36 minutes.
- With the Wolves, D'Angelo Russell has taken just 15% of his shots at the rim – the sixth percentile for combo guards. 21% of his shots are from the long mid-range and 47% of his shots are threes from the non-corner – both are in the 90th percentile.
- Josh Okogie is just 24% (25-of-103) on non-corner threes – the fourth percentile for wing players.
- Jarrett Culver is just 22% (9-of-40) on corner threes – the last percentile for combo guards.
- Josh Okogie is fouled on 17.9% of his field-goal attempts – the 98th percentile for wing players.
- Jeff Teague is fouled on 15.8% of his shot attempts – in the 95th percentile for combo guards.
- Karl-Anthony Towns draws a non-shooting foul on 3.1% of team plays, ranking in the 93rd percentile for big men.
- When fouled on a shot, Jordan McLaughlin converts it 43.8% of the time, ranking in the 93rd percentile for point guards.
- Josh Okogie and Jarrett Culver combine for 3.7 offensive rebounds per 36 minutes.
- Per 36 minutes, Naz Reid averages 19.6 points, 9.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.3 threes, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals. However, he also commits 6.0 fouls.
- Out of all Wolves lineups that have seen 100+ possessions together, the best is +25.2 and contains Shabazz Napier, Jarrett Culver, Kelan Martin, Robert Covington and Gorgui Dieng. The worst is -24.8 and contains Shabazz Napier, Josh Okogie, Andrew Wiggins, Robert Covington and Karl-Anthony Towns.
- 18 different players have drawn a start for the Timberwolves this season. 24 players have seen the court for at least a minute.
- Wolves lineups with James Johnson at center have a -12.4 net rating in a 550-possession sample.
- In 61 possessions with both D'Angelo Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns on the court, the Wolves had a -22.0 net rating, allowing 143.0 points per 100 possessions.
- Minnesota has the fourth-worst spread differential (-1.4) in the NBA.
- Based on net rating, the Timberwolves have 4.5 fewer wins than expected, which is the fourth-worst win differential in the league.
- At home against bottom-10 teams, the Wolves have the worst spread differential (-7.4), the second-worst offense (106.5) and the fourth-worst net rating (-1.1).
- Minnesota has the worst offensive rating (104.9) in the NBA against teams that are on the second night of a back-to-back.
- Since the All-Star break, the Wolves have the third-worst net rating (-8.8).
- Minnesota has the fifth-best shot profile in the NBA (54.5 location eFG%). They take the fourth-fewest long mid-range jumpers (5.8% of team attempts).
- Minnesota has the worst corner three-point accuracy (33.7%).
- Karl-Anthony Towns' best game of 2019-20 was during the second game of the season in a 22-point win over the Hornets. In 28 minutes, he posted 37 points (13-18 FG, 4-7 3Pt, 7-13 FT), 15 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and two blocks with just two turnovers.