This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is ranked first in the league in the following stats: Field goals (623), two-pointers (540), defensive rebounds (653), PER (31.6), usage (37.4%), defensive rating (96.3), defensive win shares (4.8), win shares per 48 minutes (.282), box plus/minus (11.5), defensive box plus/minus (4.0).
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is fouled on 20.5% of his shot attempts – the 93rd percentile for bigs. He also draws a non-shooting foul on 4.3% of team plays, which is in the 99th percentile.
- George Hill has the NBA's best three-point percentage (48.0). That's helped fuel his 134.1 points per 100 shot attempts, which is in the 100th percentile for combo guards. He's also shooting 68% at the rim – in the 95th percentile.
- George Hill has the third-best offensive rating (131.6) in the NBA.
- Brook Lopez has the second-most blocks (149) in the league.
- Brook Lopez's 107.5 points per 100 shot attempts is only in the 22nd percentile for bigs.
- Khris Middleton has the NBA's third-best free-throw percentage (90.8).
- For forwards, Khris Middleton is in the 90th+ percentile in usage (26.2%), points per 100 shot attempts (125.1) and assist rate (19.9%).
- Donte DiVincenzo has the league's seventh-highest steal rate (2.7%).
- 48% of Khris Middleton's shot attempts come from the mid range – the 96th percentile for forwards. He hits them at a 52% clip, which is in the 99th percentile. He has just 74 made shots at the rim and 26 made shots from the corner this season.
- Pat Connaughton is shooting 69% at the rim, which is in the 91st percentile for wing players.
- Eric Bledsoe is fouled on 13.5% of his shot attempts – in the 91st percentile for point guards.
- Donte DiVincenzo averages 7.6 rebounds per 36 minutes.
- Pat Connaughton has the worst point differential (-11.6) on the Bucks of anyone that's seen at least 200 minutes.
- The Bucks score an extra 8.8 points through putbacks per 100 misses when Donte DiVincenzo is on the court.
- Opponents score 10.0 fewer points per 100 halfcourt plays with Giannis Antetokounmpo on the court – a difference that ranks in the 96th percentile.
- Out of all Bucks lineups that have seen at least 100 possessions together, the best is the starting five – Eric Bledsoe, Wesley Matthews, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Brook Lopez – and has a +19.3 net rating. The worst is -4.2 and replaces Bledsoe with Donte DiVincenzo.
- With Giannis Antetokounmpo at center, the Bucks have a +21.7 net rating in a 418-possession sample.
- Bucks small-ball lineups – no Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Giannis Antetokounmpo, DJ Wilson, Ersan Ilyasova – have a +31.1 net rating in a 71-possession sample.
- Lineups with both Eric Bledsoe and George Hill on the court have a +20.5 net rating.
- The Bucks have the best point differential in the NBA (+11.2) and the league's best defense (102.3).
- On the road against top-10 teams, the Bucks have the worst offense (100.4 points per 100 possessions). However, they have the best defense (104.3), balancing out to a -4.0 net rating, which is the 10th best.
- Since the All-Star break, the Bucks have the seventh-worst offense (110.0).
- The Bucks are the third-worst offensive rebounding (22.7%) team in the NBA.
- The Bucks shoot 67.3% at the rim (third best in the league) and 48.9% from the long mid-range (best in the league).
- Opponents shoot only 29.3% of their shots at the rim against Milwaukee – the fewest in the NBA. They also shoot the worst percentage (54.7) from that range.
- 19.1% of Bucks possessions start with a transition play – the highest rate in the NBA.
- Opponents add only 13.2 points through putbacks per 100 misses against the Bucks – the lowest mark in the league.
- Donte DiVincenzo is the 95th-best fantasy player in just 23.1 minutes per game in terms of total production in eight-category leagues.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo has 174 dunks this season.