This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- Bam Adebayo is the 12th-ranked fantasy player in eight-category leagues in terms of total production.
- Bam Adebayo's 8.1 win shares rank ninth in the NBA.
- Bam Adebayo takes 40% of his shots from the mid range – the 91st percentile for bigs.
- Duncan Robinson's 67.8 TS% is the third-highest in the league, and only six percent of his made shots are unassisted. He's made 52% of his corner threes.
- Duncan Robinson has taken just 44 shots at the rim this season, but he's made an impressive 77% of them.
- Duncan Robinson has the best point differential (+13.7) on the Heat, and it's a difference that ranks in the 99th percentile.
- Derrick Jones' 125.0 points per 100 shot attempts is in the 89th percentile for wings, and he has the third-lowest turnover percentage (6.8) in the league. He shoots 73% at the rim – in the 96th percentile.
- Derrick Jones is fouled on 14.2% of his shot attempts – the 92nd percentile for wing players.
- Jimmy Butler takes 44% of his shots from the mid range – in the 96th percentile for wings. However, he's just an average shooter from there, ranking in the 50th percentile with a 38% conversion rate.
- Jimmy Butler is fouled on 24.2% of his shot attempts, and he draws a non-shooting foul on 3.4% of team plays. The former is in the 100th percentile for wing players, and the latter is in the 97th percentile.
- Jimmy Butler's 2.2% steal rate is in the 94th percentile for his position, and he only commits a foul on 1.3% of team plays, which ranks in the 100th percentile.
- Jimmy Butler grabs an offensive rebound on 5.7% of the Heat's missed field goals, which ranks in the 97th percentile for wing players.
- Tyler Herro takes 23% of his shots from the long mid range, which ranks in the 93rd percentile for wings. However, he's just an average shooter from there, ranking in the 53rd percentile with 39% accuracy.
- Tyler Herro has the worst point differential (-8.5) on the Heat of anyone who has seen at least 100 minutes.
- Kelly Olynyk is 45% (67-of-149) on non-corner threes, which ranks in the 100th percentile for bigs.
- Opponents score 4.2 more points per 100 halfcourt plays with Jimmy Butler on the court. That's the lowest mark of his career and the first time he's been a negative in that statistic since 2013-14.
- Opponents scored 5.8 fewer points per 100 halfcourt halfcourt plays with Justise Winslow on the court – difference that ranked in the 88th percentile.
- Out of all Heat lineups that have seen at least 100 possessions together, the best is +40.9 and contains Goran Dragic, Duncan Robinson, Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder and Kelly Olynyk. The worst is -4.9 and contains Kendrick Nunn, Derrick Jones, Duncan Robinson, Kelly Olynyk and Bam Adebayo.
- Heat small-ball lineups – No Meyers Leonard, Bam Adebayo, Chris Silva, Kelly Olynyk, KZ Okpala or Udonis Haslem – have a -6.2 net rating in 91 possessions.
- On the road against top-10 teams, the Heat have the sixth-worst offense (102.8).
- Miami is the seventh-worst team on the second night of back-to-backs (-8.2 net rating).
- Since the All-Star break, Miami has the fourth-best offense (115.0) but the third-worst spread differential (-3.2).
- The Heat are the second-best defensive rebounding team in the NBA, allowing opponents to get an offensive rebound on just 22.9% of their misses.
- Miami is the fourth-most accurate team at the rim (66.6%) and the most accurate team from three (39.1%).
- Miami allows the fifth-fewest shots at the rim (32.4%) but the most three-pointers (40.5%). Conversely, they allow opponents to shoot the sixth-best percentage at the rim (65.7%) and the fourth-worst from three (34.7%).
- Miami has the fourth-best halfcourt offense in the NBA, scoring 99.1 points per 100 halfcourt plays. However, they're the third-worst putback team in the NBA, scoring just 16.2 points per 100 missed field goals/reboundable free throws.
- The Heat create the fewest transition opportunities off of live rebounds (22.4%) in the league. Meanwhile, they allow the third-most transition opportunities off of live rebounds (30.9%).
- Bam Adebayo has played the fourth-most minutes (2,235) in the NBA.
- Duncan Robinson has hit the third-most threes (243) in the league.
- Jimmy Butler has made the third-most free throws (408) in the NBA.