This article is part of our Top 200 Prospects series.
The following listing is our ranking of our Top Prospects. Players that have appeared in a major league game prior to July 12 have been removed (i.e. Gerrit Cole). You can sort on our list by rank, by player, or by position. "Rank" is overall MLB rank for that prospect.
Players who have not previously exceeded rookie qualifications at the time of publication (130 at-bats, 50 innings) are included if they have not played in the big leagues in 2013.
Any players that have appeared in a major league game prior to July 12 have been removed (i.e. Gerrit Cole).
1. This list tilts more toward fantasy potential than MLB potential (and, yes, there is a difference).
2. It takes positional history into play.
3. Unsigned import players are not ranked here.
4. College players are not considered prospects until they are signed with their major league organization and start producing in the minors.
5. Relievers are unlikely to appear as Top 100 prospects because nearly all of them need to fail as starting prospects first.